In my previous doughnut post, I was ranting about how I bought the wrong doughnut pan. A week later, I finally bought the right sized pan and was so excited to make these!
The doughnut batter itself is just like a cake batter, really. The ingredients and the process are exactly the same, but still tasted delicious nonetheless. The only issue that I had was the size. Next time, I would have piped a bit more batter into the doughnut pan to give it more height. More height = more bite, meaning happier people!
I used the same nutella glaze that I used in my previous doughnut post. It was that good that I was happy to use it twice in my baking experiments. Enjoy!
- 50g + 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 110g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180c/375F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a doughnut pan.
- Whisk egg and sugar for about 4 minutes until it becomes thick and light in colour. Stir in the mashed banana, oil, vanilla extract and yoghurt.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in 2 batches into the egg mixture. Be careful not to overmix.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the doughnuts spring to touch.